It’s amazing how sometimes the simplest realities can become caught in a blind spot in our mind’s eye, and it takes an outside perspective to bring them to light. This happened to me the other day; a new SL friend said: “You’re named after one of my favorite movies!” A bit of a puzzled smile came over my face, and I began asking them to clarify which film, when all at once it dawned on me that Ever After, which has been a guilty pleasure favorite of mine since I saw it in high school, did indeed share my name. The aligning truly never occurred to me! Just goes to show how intricate and fascinating our minds really are, and it also served to highlight the fact that I really need to indulge in watching that film again, if only to swoon over Dougray Scott as Prince Charming. (Sooooo dreamy!)
The conversation also sparked the memory of a bit of dialogue from the film, where Danielle steels her will and quietly tells herself to “just breathe” before a pivotal admission to the prince about her true identity. These words, so simple in their meaning, are sometimes the only ones we can turn to when life gets challenging or overwhelming. With work and stress contributing to my weariness over the last few days, breathing deeply and letting go of tension is often the best balm I can hope for, and I’ve felt the need for the same release in Second Life as well. At times there’s so much going on, so much to do, that it feels like a great relief to just go back to basics and simply exist in the virtual world, without needing to accomplish, experience, or participate. Just be. Just breathe.
Body / Maitreya | Mesh Body – Lara v3.4
Skin / Essences | Lou-Ann – Medium 01 (Brunette)
* Hair / Phoenix | Stella – Dark Browns HUD | Cosmopolitan Event, through August 30th
Eyes / Inkheart | Essential Eyes – Faithful
Lashes / Izzie’s | Mesh Alpha Lashes
* Lips / Nova Bodyshop | Ella Lipstick – 003 (LeLutka, TMP, Kissers, Loud Mouth, Nyam Nyam & Sweet Lips appliers + tattoo layers) | IDK Event, through September 10th
* Piercing / PUNCH | Starlet Septum Ring (18 colors + 12 metals in HUD) | The Thrift Shop Event, through August 29th
* Bracelets / LUXE | Margi Cuff, Swirl Bangle & Wrapped Bangle – Black | Shiny Shabby Event, through September 15th
* Top / Eyelure | Overlace Top – Black / White (Maitreya, Slink & Omega appliers + system layers)
* Pants / Eyelure | Campus Yoga Pants – Black / Lace Band (Maitreya, Slink & Omega appliers + system layers)
* Shoes / KC Couture | Harlem Sneakers (for Maitreya, Belleza, Eve, TMP & Slink flat feet)
Poses & Destination
I’ve been looking for the right outfit to pair with my fantastic KC Couture Harlem sneaks for some time now, and the wonderfully casual and comfy Overlace Top & Campus Yoga Pants by Eyelure provided the perfect opportunity. Applier clothing is still something that I’m in the early stages of delving into, and I’m thrilled that Eyelure’s options included Maitreya-specific appliers (along with Slink and Omega). Sometimes I’ve found that Omega-applied clothing is a bit glitchy on the Maitreya body, requiring multiple applications (particularly after teleporting), and can sometimes pose issues when layering with tattoos. I’ve not yet noticed that issue with clothing designs that come with Maitreya appliers, so it’s always a gratefully welcomed option!
I also want to mention the wonderful Stella hairstyle by Phoenix, which may be found at the current round of Cosmopolitan through August 30th. Phoenix is one of the first brands whom I’ve found to fully embrace the idea of fitted mesh hair, and their offerings include the standard rigged mesh, a + size for larger breasts, and a fitted mesh version which I’m wearing here. I had forgotten to put on the alpha layer, but I didn’t need it at all and the hairstyle skims my shoulders and bust just perfectly. Another amazing option for mesh body lovers; SL designers truly never fail to dazzle me with their innovation!
Now if I may, I’ll leave you to enjoy your Friday while I continue my stretching and breathing here at the lovely and tranquil Free Spirit Farms. Wishing a calm and blissful weekend to one and all! ♥
End o’ the week greetings to all creatures great and small! I hope you’re all having a wonderful August so far, and it’s about to get even wonderfuller (totally a legit adjective) thanks to the highly anticipated return of The Enchantment event, which opens today! And it’s far from the only fantasy-themed shopping experience on the grid; this truly is becoming the “fantiseason” of the year, with events like The Fantasy Collective, Illusion Point, The Fantasy Gacha Carnival, We Love Roleplay, and more to visit. Keep track of all the destinations for your weekend-wandering by visiting my SL Fashion & Shopping Events Tracker, and please have a gander at the lovely items I’m featuring in my own fantasy-inspired look below! ♥
Body / Maitreya | Mesh Body – Lara v3.4
* Skin / WoW Skins | Nour v2 – Bronze Nat | Mesh Body Addicts Fair, through August 21st
* Hair / Phoenix | Alana Hair – Color Mix HUD | Mix Event item, through
Eyes / Avi-Glam | Premium Eyes – Green v1 | SL Marketplace
Lashes / Mon Cheri | Falsies Mesh Eyelashes – Upper
Eyeliner / Glam Affair | Couture Eyeliner No. 02
* Eyeshadow / alaskametro<3 | Chloe Glitter Eyeshadow – Bronze (LeLutka, Slink Visage, TMP, EVE’olution & Omega appliers + system tattoo layers) | Apply Me Event, through August 20th
* Lips / Nova Bodyshop | Gail Lipstick – 004 (LeLutka, TMP, Kissers, Loud Mouth, Nyam Nyam & Sweet Lips appliers + system tattoo layers)
Tattoo / Reckless | Joon Tattoo (Maitreya, Belleza, Slink & TMP appliers + system tattoo layers)
* Piercing / PUNCH | Sirius Clip-On Septum Piercing – True Gold
* Armbands / Azuchi | Dragon Armband Onyx-Gold (Left) and Solo Gold (Right) | We Love Roleplay Event, through August 31st
* Outfit / Salt & Pepper | Becca Corsage & Skirt (sold separately, standard sizes) | We Love Roleplay Event, through August 31st
* Shoes / KC Couture | Olympus Boots (for Maitreya; Belleza Freya, Isis & Venus; Slink Physique; and Slink High feet)
Poses & Destination
The delightfully-dreamy Ippos sim sets the stage for my look today, and I’m really adoring the Nour v2 skin by WoW Skins (a new-to-me designer) from the Mesh Body Addicts Fair, as well as the beautiful Chloe Eyeshadow by Alaska Metro for the Apply Me event. Creating glittery eye makeup must be no easy feat; I’d imagine it’s tricky getting the ideal texturing for that perfectly sparkly, foiled look, and like all her cosmetics, Alaska does the job beautifully!
My gorgeous tattoo is by Reckless (its matching leg tattoo may be found as a free group gift in-store), and I’m tremendously impressed with the quality of Landon Mode’s designs. And speaking of quality, Phoenix offers the beautifully-textured, softly-windswept Alana hair as their Mix Event item of the month, and I’m delighted at how perfectly it went with my look today. Really lovely style! As with all items from Mix, the Alana hair may be found in the Phoenix mainstore; I’m linking to the event website if you’re interested in checking out other participating designers. It’s a great event!
My outfit and armbands may both be found at this month’s round of We Love Roleplay, and they’re truly not to be missed! The Dragon Armbands by Azuchi are materials-enabled so they positively shine with your windlights, and are beautifully detailed and exquisitely made. The Becca Corsage & Skirt by Salt & Pepper offers you options in the HUD to change the leaf, flower and pearl colors, and they come in four lovely, earthy colors.
And of course, no dragon-charming warrior princess would be found without some impressive footwear, and the Olympus Boots by KC Couture are true perfection. As always with KC shoes, you can change everything from the main color, heel, sole, and even the metal details from within the HUD, and they offer lots of fits for your mesh bodies and bits. Speaking of feet, these boots are made for walking, so off I go to do some event shopping! See you soon! 💋